Croydon Tutors is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice is effective from 25th May 2018. It will be reviewed regularly and if necessary updated.
This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which any personal data you provide to Croydon Tutors will be controlled, processed, handled and protected by Croydon Tutors, including your rights under current laws and regulations. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Croydon Tutors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under the Data Protection Register.
The Data Protection Act 1998 requires us to process personal data fairly and lawfully. In practice, it means that Croydon Tutors must:
- Have legitimate grounds for collecting and using the personal data.
- Not use the data in ways that have unjustified adverse effects on the individuals concerned.
- Be transparent about how we intend to use the data and give individuals appropriate privacy notices when collecting their personal data.
1. Collecting your personal data
For Clients: If you contact us over the telephone, we shall collect the following information: Name; contact information, including address, postcode, telephone number; other information relevant to the introduction of a tutor, such as age, tutoring requirements of the student, including subject and preferred tuition days and times and attended school. These details are recorded manually. Your details will be passed on to selected tutors for the sole purpose of establishing tuition. We may email your contact details to selected tutors. Your details will be kept as long as you have an active relationship with Croydon Tutors. Additional details of tuition sessions, such as tuition dates and number of sessions will be recorded for accounting purposes and kept for up to six years.
For Tutors: By registering with Croydon Tutors, tutors will need to provide Croydon Tutors with data about them, such as name, address, telephone number, email address. Croydon Tutors also collects data about qualifications, teaching experience, references, a copy of the DBS certificate and tutoring preferences. These details, as given on the Tutors’ Registration Form, are confidential. A tutor’s telephone number will not be given to any client by Croydon Tutors. The details are kept for as long as you have tutees introduced by Croydon Tutors plus six years.
2. Processing your personal data
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we control and process any personal information about you using the following lawful basis: legitimate interests.
Croydon Tutors takes all reasonable action to ensure that the information we collect and use is accurate, complete and up to date. However, the accuracy of the information depends to a large extent on the details you provide.
We will process your data as follows:
- Your details will be passed on to selected tutors for the sole purpose of establishing tuition.
- We may email your contact details to selected tutors.
- Additional details of tuition sessions, such as tuition dates and number of sessions will be recorded for accounting purposes and kept for up to six years.
Your data are only for Croydon Tutors’ use. We use them to contact potentially suitable tutors, to record your teaching qualifications, distance to potential clients and any preferences. We also record tutoring sessions and their dates for legal and accounting purposes.
We recommend that you keep us up to date with changes to your personal details/preferences and let us know if there are any errors in our information. We perform regular reviews of our data and records retained are not kept for longer than necessary.
3. The rights available to individuals in respect of the processing
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
- The right to be informed - Please see sections 1 and 2 to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
- The right of access - You have the right to access your personal data. A copy of the information can be accessed free of charge. However, we can charge a ‘reasonable fee’ (based on the administrative cost of providing the information) when a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly if it is repetitive. Information will be provided without delay and at the latest within one month of receipt.
- The right to rectification - You can make a request for rectification verbally or in writing and we will respond to this request within one month of receipt.
- The right to erasure - You can make a request for erasure verbally or in writing and we will respond to this request within one month of receipt.
- The right to restrict processing - You can make a request for restriction verbally or in writing and we will respond to this request within one month of receipt.
- The right to data portability - You can request to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. This can be done verbally or in writing and we will respond to this request within one month of receipt.
- The right to object - You have the right to object to the processing based on legitimate interests. You can inform us verbally or in writing and we will respond to this request within one month of receipt.
Processing of personal data is essential and relevant to meet Croydon Tutors’ obligations.
4. Data Security and Protection
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access and disclosure of any personal information we hold, we use secure data storage technologies and precise procedure in how we store, access and manage that information, for electronically and manually recorded data. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirements.
5. Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute, share or lease your personal information to third parties.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Notice are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.